Monday 4 June 2012

Clerkenwell Design Week: Minuscule chair


Fritz Hansen have launched a new chair by Cecilie Manz.  I'm a fan of Cecilie's Caravaggio lights and Essay table. I have to say though, this one for me; exactly what is says on the tin springs to mind- minus cool. The lines of the tub seat are actually quite nice but why the zimmer frame legs? Personally I think it would have looked great on wooden legs or at a push even a wire sled base. I don't doubt it will do well for them in the contract market though. It's a sturdy one and I think it would work well in a restaurant or bar.


It's not all bad though, the press shot for the chair is cute! and...


Fritz Hansen had put on a mini exhibition amongst which I found this image of from an old catalogue which looks as if it's from the 60's. Aerial images of different tables and chairs with colour coordinated place settings. WOWZERS! 

No comments:

Post a Comment