Monday 4 June 2012

Teacher's Pett





Finding the perfect seaside retirement cottage wasn't exactly at the top of my to-do list but having discovered Pett Level I can put it on there and officially cross it off!
Nestled on the south coast of the UK between Hastings and Rye is Pett level road; home to a cluster of modern homes scattered between rundown 1960′s bungalows.
I first discovered Pett level road a few years ago when driving past I noticed the big white house that I recognised from channel 4′s Grand Designs. (The home of music manager Tom Watkins and his partner Darron) 
I was in the area again recently, so naturally I had to stop the car and have a nose around. I found that a few more bungalows had been gobbled and in their place this little modernist haven.

(Pictures from top to bottom: The Big White House, Link Cottage, Grace Dieu, Ocean View, Stilt House, Sea House)

No comments:

Post a Comment